Seven-note scales, modal scales

So, I was chatting with my classmates. We were thinking of a way to simplify the seven-note scales.
After a lot of thinking and laughing me and two of my friends came out with this one...

Okay, let's make it this way.

Question:
I Don't Play Loud Music ALways
0 6 2 4 7 0 25
Natural Sharp Flat Sharp Flat Natural FlatFlat
I Love Music (MAJOR) (Other than that is Minor)

Answer:
Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian, Locrian

Ionian: Natural, no need sharp or flat.
Dorian: 6th note sharp
Phrygian: 2nd note flat
Lydian: 4th note sharp
Mixolydian: 7th note flat
Aeolian: Natural, no needsharp or flat.
Locrian: 2nd and 5th note flat

Ionian, Lydian, Mixolydian is Major modal patterns.
Other than that, the other four is minor modal patterns.

Hah, so there it is.
I personally love these scales.

Oh, there is a Lydian-Mixolydian scale as will
Just mix Lydian sharp 4th and Mixolydian Flat 7th and you'll get it.
Of course, this mix is more common, there are other mix as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment