Coming up stuff- and Kaito & English

I'm working on the new song named Statue and the Sea.
It's about the love of a statue and the sea who can never meet each other forever and ever, unless.... xD

To be honest, I really wanted to try a Kaito and Prima duet (since I really like them and I have them only). But making Kaito's English pronunciation clear and good  is a real challenge to me, much like Prima's Japanese pronunciation will be a challenge to me (since I haven't really tried it yet). I hope they will mix well together and be good friends :D (or lovers in this song)

Now I just wanted to share my little experience I got when making Kaito sing English. If you know anymore techniques you can share it with me too.
I have tried a lot of ways to make him sing certain words that are "unnatural" to Japanese pronunciation. Some worked, some didn't. And some only work if I link it to another word. Increasing the noise seemed to be quite effective to bring out the "t" and "s" but too much will not be very smooth and nice. To make the "h" sounds clearer in certain words, I used "h e" phoneme right before the beat (so it has to be short but audible). For "b" like the word "Bring" I used "b M" then only "4 i N\" because "b 4 i N\" directly is not really effective. It is also useful to add another layer of voice just to do all these extra stuff( so that you can link those pronunciation together without getting lumps in his voice). The "s" are quite good actually. So I normally don't do anything extra to it unless needed.
Oh yea, I normally stick the "s" directly with the word, meaning I don't create another note specifically for the "s". Example like "Stand", I will use "s t e N d" (or if you want more "omp" to your "d" you can make it with "d M", but very shortly.)

Well, this is what I do so far. I may change some of the things I did here in the future if I found anything better. :) Hope it is a bit helpful to whomever that want to let Kaito sing English.

Ah, I wonder how Kaito will sound in Append? Can't wait :D

Hmm, I'm thinking of expanding my vocaloids, still thinking who to buy, Luka? Miku? Leon? Gakupo?

No comments:

Post a Comment