Painting composing

Lately I've been doing an assignment about making a composition based on a painting by one of the three artists.

So I went through Paul Klee's paintings and fell in love with them. I like the way Paul Klee express certain titles/event/things through his paintings.

I chose this in the end.


He named this Ancient Sound.
What appealed to me is the shade of the colors, the brightness in the forest, the dark and deep forest. What will light the way for the person who just got exiled from his homeland? This is the impression it gives me.
Of course I can't hide the fact that the name of the painting has a certain impact on me, haha.

Now the challenge begins. I have never composed based on a painting.
And I can not be too free as there are certain boundaries the lecturer gave us.
I am very excited about how it will turn out, but I'm afraid at the same time xD
This is going to be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment